Basis for constructing models are classes that represent the items you wish to diagnose or analyse. Classes can be created without programming. Classes are the templates (blueprints) for the objects (instances) you require in your model. A Class Definition can have:
- Fields: e.g. the Level of the Tank
- Representation: e.g. a Tank looks like an open rectangle
- Animation: e.g. when the Level of the Tank is above 50 the Tank highlights red
- Instances: e.g. our Domain has two Tank instances: Tank302 and Tank303
- Behaviour: e.g. when filled to max level alarm
A class is part of a Hierarchy – the class Hierarchy. E.g. a Tank is a subclass of Vessel
Class Definitions inherit the fields, representation, animation and behaviour defined at a higher level in the Class Hierarchy. Representation, behaviour and animation can be overwritten. In UReason products you can create your own class hierarchies for object models (without any programming) and you can subclass system classes for DataSources and Events (UEvent).