UReason is looking for application engineers in Holland, UK and USA and for Java Software Engineers in UK
As an application engineer you will be a member of our consulting group, contributing to the development of advanced applications. You will be working closely together with a team of internal and external technical experts.
Your principal responsibilities are:
- Gather and translate customer requirements into real-world applications using UReason’s software.
- Help to progress the technical quality and market leadership of UReason software products by the sharing of ideas.
- Be a creative technical expert, working closely with our customers bringing value to our customers.
- Support our sales staff in commercial activities.
Next to working with an enthusiastic team we offer market conform salary and related benefits. The international character of UReason provides ample possibilities for personal development.
The essential criteria and qualifications for the Application Engineer position are:
- A minimum of higher professional education (B.Sc. M.Sc.) in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, computer science, physics, electronics, or related fields.
- Innovator with an open and creative mind
- Ability to work independently
- Fluent in English
- Willing to travel
Experience with industrial control systems (DCS/SCADA/PLC), MES Systems, Process Alarm Management and Microsoft SQL Server is a plus. Work experience is not a requirement but an advantage hence graduates are also welcome to respond to this position.
As an UReason Software Engineer you are a key member of UReason’s research and development group, contributing to the development, support and ongoing advancement of its products and solutions. You will be working closely together with a team of technical experts in-house or at customer sites.
- Research, architect, design, develop, test, troubleshoot, maintain and document aspects of UReason’s products and solutions in-conjunction with UReason’s R&D group and other groups as necessary
- Help to progress the technical quality and market leadership of UReason product and solutions by idea sharing and discussions with fellow qualified R&D staff
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Actively participate in technical committees so as to benefit UReason’s profile and technological lead
- Engage, introduce and support mutually agreed prospects within the scientific community in-conjunction with UReason sales and application teams.
- Help to setup, maintain and troubleshot local and central IT services as necessary
- Technical liaison with customers: in-house and external:
- Seeking to understand the needs of customers, respond and communicate appropriately;
- Being able to articulate problems and solutions clearly using non-technical language and relating information to the needs of the customer. Verifying understanding and agreement before proceeding with tasks; and
- Providing and updating existing documentation as required.
• Assistance in testing new revisions, versions and releases of UReason products and solutions;
• Reporting of issues, bugs and improvements of UReason products;
• Recommend changes to the product specifications, design and documentation; and
• Assist in resolving customer issues.
• Record keeping of time sheets – when needed;
• Record keeping of travel & living expenses;
• Yearly performance review; and
• Project/development reports.
- A minimum of higher professional education (B.Sc.(2.1 or above)) in Software Engineering
- Extensive knowledge and experience in using core Java/JSE is a pre
- Knowledge and practical experience of applying s/w design patterns is a pre
- Experience in Java Swing UI and HMI design beneficial
- Experience in AI techniques, rule and complier technologies beneficial
- Experience in Java/Web based design (e.g. using ZK) beneficial
- Experience with J2EE and server based applications beneficial
- Experience in mobile app development and design beneficial
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server is beneficial
- English business fluent
- Willing to travel.