Dynamic alarm handling is a valuable technology to help the operator to get a better insight in the process the operator is responsible for. The two main topics:
- Alarm grouping: decrease the amount of information directly presented to the operator, with the aim to increase operator awareness. The information is always at the fingertips of the operator; with one click all grouped (related) alarms are shown. Typically grouping is based on one of the following principles:
- Repeating alarms for same tag and type
- Trip / incident / state based (for example group all alarms related compressor trip)
- Eclipsing: Group LO alarm with LL alarm for same tag
- Incident prediction: use of (a combination of) early indicators to detect abnormal process- and or equipment and or environment conditions.
Example alarm list showing all subsumed (related) alarms for one group alarm